Anyone use the three day potty training method? Does it really work?

I have been hearing really good things about the three day potty training method (e-book). But I am somewhat skeptical and do not want to spend the money on buying the book and having it not work. Does it really work? My son is 2 1/2 and I also have a 7 month old. I've heard that you have to 'ship' your other kids off someplace else, which is another reason I haven't bought the book - my 7 month old is just starting to eat solid food and doesn't take a bottle or sippy yet. Can I do it if I have another child?

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 12:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Never even heard of it. Sorry
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I did and didn't even mean to. LOL It was in 1998 and I had never heard of it. I just did what I thought was right in training. He was trained in 4 days and never wore anything but underwear again.

Then, I came here and read about the 3 day method and realized it was a lot like what I did.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I did a one day training...An old book from the 70's i believe...It WAS AMAZING! My son was potty trained in THREE days...BEFORE HIS SECOND BIRTHDAY!!!

He NEVER had an accident after that 3rd day...And after the 5th night he NEVER had an accident at night. He was 100% DONE!

If done correctly...IT WORKS! Try it! Just remember you can always tweak it for your child..Like my son did not want to doonly the training..so we watched tv and played while continuing the training. Instead of trying to go to the bathroom ever 15 minutes we did it ever 30-45 mins..

GOOD LUCK!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yeah..I did every 15 minutes until it became routine, then, upped it to 30..and so on..by day 4..we never had an issues again and he was done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We tried it and failed bad. My son is not one of these kids to be pushed or forced into something. So I waited till he was ready. At 3 years he came to us and told he was ready. He potty trained within1 week. No accidents, trained through the night, and overall it was less stressful process. He was in control though and I wanted him to feel like he was.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• BradenIsMySon - how did you do it? My son loves to wear his underpants and likes to sit on his potty chair but absolutely refuses to actuallu use his potty chair. I am getting a wee bit frustrated!
    YzmaRocks

Comment by YzmaRocks (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You don't have to ship a kid off anywhere, but you will want an extra pair of hands to help with your 7 month old.
    We're trying it this coming Friday. Every mom I've talked to that did it has had really good success with it. Having read through the book a few times now, I really like the approach. It's very loving, and not about punishment or reprimanding.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ok, I put him on about every half hour or less if he asks (he does like to sit on it so he asks every so often). He will happily sit there, tell me he is done, get up and pee on the floor. Or get up and go back to playing where he will wait until I'm distracted by his brother and then pee on the floor. I have been trying so hard and not once has that child used the potty chair for it's actual purpose. I've tried pretty much everything without any success. I'm starting to think I am incapable of training him. I want to cry :(
    YzmaRocks

Comment by YzmaRocks (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It works it works it works!!! My DS was 27 months. I will say I didn't do the nightime piece but the daytime part TOTALLY worked!! I have the book and will email it you for free if you'd like it!!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010