Pls help with some 411 for my sons 6 bday. I searched through questions for 10 minutes,

without finding anything helpful... My baby boy will be 6 soon. He is in Kindergarten, I plan on inviting his class, and some friends he has from the bus and at recess that arent in his class. What is a good time frame for the party? it will be on a Sunday. (my dh works saturdays). We are having at home, we recently moved. We have a big basmt, its just all concrete. I was thinking of having some type of crafts. Mabey make a easy birdfeeder or something. not sure yet. This isnt his 1st party. weve had bowling and chuck cheese parties. but they were all family and friends kids. I am starting to get scared it will be a disaster. Please tell me what you think of a time frame (since the invites go to our school, they all live less then 10 min. away, there are 5 elementry schools in our town) and any other ideas suggestions would be very much appreciatted.....thank you!!!

Kerinmomof2

Asked by Kerinmomof2 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well like 2-4 would be a good time for a sunday after church .....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 2:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• 2 hours sounds good. ..then I was confused mabey it was too short? Then if the time is interfering with eating, do I have food? 2-4, would you have snacks or what? any ideas for crafts? or tell me what you've done for parties at home? I wish we went to one to give me some time of ideas! I've been thinking back to my childhood, but I cant remember details!!!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would certainly go with a 2pm or 3pm start time. It gives most folks enough time to get out of church, grab a bite for lunch and change clothes before having to head out. It will also be a good time in the afternoon so that you don't have to provide too much food either -- just snacks (especially for the kids) and maybe some juice boxes or water.

Craft idea sounds like it would be alot of fun! You could also do musical chairs, bean bag toss, hot potato, duck-duck-goose, freeze dancing, etc. All fun games that 6-year olds should have fun with and don't cost anything.

Good luck!
    FishBiscuit

Answer by FishBiscuit at 2:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• anyone explain hot potato? Thanks for the other ideas. I love the thought of musical chairs. Duck duck too, I think they play something similiar at school, cookie monster?
    Anyone know what or how much things do you out in a party bag? Do you have party bags?
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• 2-4 PM would be great.

Party bags make me nuts, frankly. They always have little cruddy toys that wind up on the floor where my dog eats them. If you want to do them, stickers, pencils and crayons are all fun and parent-friendly too. You can find all those things at a party store.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008