Why does beauty sometimes make us feel so sad?

Like beauty in nature, beauty in children, beautiful art, beautiful music....

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 12:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It means you have arrived in a place in your life that many others will never know. The appreciation of the pure beauty of life and all the things in it is truly a gift. You are lucky to know it and still be young. You see meaning in the small things and that is why we were all given life in the first place and not let it just pass us by being wrapped up in our selves.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Because the rest of life by comparison is pure shit?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't think it makes me sad, but it can make me emotional. Sometimes the beauty of it all is so intense, that you just gotta shed a tear.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ..and those moments are so fleeting...we want to grab ahold and can't..? I really like this question, I'm gonna think about it some more when I wake up...gimme a few more hours and a few more cups of coffee, lol.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it gives that overwhelming feeling...you wish you could do more with it but whats there is meant to be left there and alone. we see the busy world around us and when we see something beautiful, we forgot to look at the simple things like that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It doesn't make me feel sad.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• beauty makes you feel that is a good thing! It makes me feel happy :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ..sorry I'm just waking up & not fully cognizant yet...I just mean we wish all of life could be as beautiful and we're sad that it isn't?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It doesn't make me sad either.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Seeing the beauty in life, and all the beauty life has to offer. Is never sad for me. It's uplifting, comforting, delightful, and lots of other things. But never sad. Beauty in life reaffrims within me what all life has to offer me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010