a week late? help?

ive been off bc almost four months, its to expansive and i abstain unless im on my period or right after. well im 8 days late and i did it 4 days before my expected period. ive took 2 pregnancy tests and both came out negative but i still have not gotten my period?
?

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant with my son after trying for 9 months WHILE I was on my period. You can get pregnant at anytime, it's just not as likely. So yeah you could be pregnant. Wait a few more days and test again.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Stress can sometimes cause periods to be off. If you haven't started in another week, I would take another HPT, if it is still negative I would go to the doctor to get a blood pregnancy test because not all HPT are correct. You can get a false negative.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the pregnancy hormone hcg may not be detected,it is too early. most doctors won't test until missing two periods. the reason is the hcg is not detectable yet.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Since your a week late and the tests are showing up negative then I would make an appt with your ob/gyn. Further testing may need to be done. Good luck.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010