Is it true.....C-section?

is it true once youve had a c-section youll have to have one with your next child too?

kat247

Asked by kat247 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know that it is possible to have a VBAC but I've also heard that it depends on the way the OB cuts. If the scar is a "bikni" cut (from left to right) then it is possible. But if the scar is the orignal way (from top to bottom) then no b/c the uterus won't contract. IDK just what I've heard. I'd say the best thing to do is ask you doc
    cjjustlex

Answer by cjjustlex at 4:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It depends on the hospital that you deliver at most hospitals won't do a natural birth after a c-section they are called VBACS.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 2:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• No, their is such thing as a V-Bac (Vaginal Birth after Cesarean) sp?

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Not true.. My aunt had her first as a c-section and her last 2 vaginally!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You can have normal birth after a c-section but it depends on your scar. I had a c-section and the doctor in the hospital told me that most women will have another c-section after they had one already.

If your scar is healed very good then their shouldnt be a problem. BUT the doctor wont be able to tell you if you need to have a c-section again until you are at least a couple weeks before due date. Because then they will see how big the baby is and if your scar could handle the pressure.

6weeks after my daughter was born i had to go to the check-up at my OBGYN and she said (at the ultrasound) that my scar healed so good from the inside and outside that she could barely tell i had a c-section. So for me it probably wont be a problem to deliver vaginal if i would be pregnant again. But you never know.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Its possible to have VBAC, but I dont think its common.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It is possible to have a VBAC. But it all depends on your Doctors views on it and why you had to have the c-sec in the first place.

I have to have them because my cervix wont open for my babies to come down.

My sister had to have them with all 3 of her kids because her body cant handle labor. She had seizures.

So talk to your doctor and ask them what they think about it. And if its posslble then go for it. I would love to but cant.
    Anonymous

• You can absolutely have a V-Bac, but you will have to find a OB who is willing to do it. Some just automatically tell you they will not, but some will. It might be a difficult search, but it's possible.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008