Sushi, Anyone?

I love Sushi and Sashimi. My favorite is spicy tuna :)

How about you? Do you like it? Have you ever tried to make it? (I'm adventurous in the kitchen, but scared of making it. Seems too easy to make myself sick!)

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 12:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• YUM....its true though, don't try to make it yourself, it's too risky, japanese chefs are professionals when it comes to preparing sushi...i love all of it and its so good for you, in fact the seaweed has cancer fighting vitamins...crab, shrimp, tuna, salmon, veggie, its all soooooo good
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I LOVE it!!! My fave is the BBQ eel rool ( I forget the real name)
    The catapillar rool is amazing too
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I've seen it made by Morimoto (Iron Chef) where he takes sticky rice and smooths it down flat, and then add finely chopped filling on top of the sticky rice, and then it is tolled up to create a tight roll of rice and filling. Then it is evenly sliced with a sharp knife so the pieces come out rounded. My daughter likes the Spicy Tuna, Eel, etc. I have eaten the Philadelphia roll which is made with cooked salmon. I think if you put too much filling in it won't roll up properly. There needs to be a even balance of rice and filling. When done right, it's pretty to see the mixture of food inside the pieces of rice.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I've tried to try it. That's about all I can say about it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• How about you? Do you like it? Have you ever tried to make it?    NO!  NO!  And NO!

And you can't make me!   sticking out tongue

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No thanks. Yuck
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010