Sleeping patterns...

My 5 month old baby girl is a great sleeper... She sleeps 12-13 hrs per night, takes a two hr nap in the morning, two 1 hr naps during the day and a two hour nap in the evening... Is this too much sleeping? I don't wake her up, and I don't want to... Just wondering if this is common for her age. I know all babies are different, just curious.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 2:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Holy crap that is alota sleeping. but @ her age, shes going through alot. her eating is changing like her appitite, her motor skills/learning. but i heard that if theyre going through a growth spurt they loose sleep. damn, i wish my kid would sleep at least half the time urs is, lol.

but if u feel concerned u can ask ur doc. but i wouldn t be too worried. be grateful!! cause it will change, and ur gonna miss it.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Thanks :). Hope you get some more sleep! lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Now see, I was told when they go through a growth spurt they sleep more. As long as your babe is doing well with eating and milestones- the better nights sleep to you!

My 7 month old can sleep for a 12 hour stretch no problem. She now sais dada, hi, yeah, stands up and is attempting to cruise. Dont worry about it.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008