HELP w/ Birthday Party NEEDED!!!!

Here's the thing. I have VERY little money. I live in an Apartment, and for some reason, I thought about a month ago, it would be a good idea to invite a few people over to celebrate. Her party isn't until mid-October, but I now have a lot of people coming @ the following ages:
Age / # Coming
0.......2
1........2
2.......1
3.......1
4.......2
5.......1
6.......1
7.......1
8.......2
That's 13 KIDS (Including the Birthday Girl)! Granted....some may not come, or cancel last minute, but I also have 10-15 Adults coming (including her father and myself) I need to reserve the party room beside the office which is around $40. In addition, I need 2 get a cake, and food. I plan on making a lot of the food myself 2 save $$, and there is a kitchen n the party room 2 cook in, I have 2 people helping on the food..The plates, cups and decorations r coming from the $ store. My other problem is with the $. Entertainment Ideas?

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 1:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A cake will run you about $20 for a quarter sheet cake at walmart and it will be enough for everyone... unless you want to make a homemade cake and then you are looking at about $10 for all the ingredients if you dont have them at home or a cake mix. I have found that for my daughter's birthday and my niece's too that a bbq is the cheapest bet for food. You can buy boxes of hamburger patties for around 12 dollars that make 50 patties and hotdogs are around $1 for one package. The buns are around $1 a piece too depending on where you go. And if your apartment complex has a playground... it is really cheap entertainment for kids :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 1:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• calm down, a lil planning and it will all be ok, for food think of cheap and lots, mostacholli, sloppy joes and chips, decorations, you could do a halloween theme probally with decorations you already have you could even have the kids wear costumes, cake you can do yourself by doing cupcakes.. break down on what you'll need for mostacholli 3 lbs of burger, 4 jars of sauce, 3 lbs of noodles and 2 loafs of bread and a stick of butter. sloppy joes 4 lbs of burger 4 paks of S.J. mix 4 sm cans of tomato paste 5 paks of buns, 2 lg bags of chips. Cupcakes- a pk of liners, 2 cake mixes, 2 tubs of frosting and decorations to top. I have been doing birthday parties for cheap for years the kids dont care and most parents just want their lil ones to have fun... Smile and enjoy. one day she will be grown
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 1:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• opps guess i should of read a lil farther, boppin for apples can be fun, or anything like that... most kids will entertain themselves
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 1:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• just have fun im sure it will all work out
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am sure it will be just fine.Kids tend to entertain them selves.Also hot dogs and chips are good kid food and cheap.It is bot like they are going to want to eat anyway.They will be too busy playing
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010