OPEN MARRIAGE

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPEN MARRIAGE??? IF SO HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL. IF NOT HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT IT? WOULD YOU DO IT...WHY OR WHY NOT...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I have some friends that decided to have an open marriage while her husband was deployed. They are now getting divorced.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 3:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• When me and hubby thought it would be "fun" to introduce another woman into our sex life, it made us argue more, not trust each other. We do not do this anymore bc we know the outcome of opening a marriage up to toxins.
    Anonymous

• i would never be able to have an open marriage.. i am way too jealous as it is so to have another woman or male would be way too stressful for me. it would drive me crazy. i cant really judge anyone for having an open marriage, i dont really know anyone personally that has/had one. I do believe that marriage should be sacred between two people who truly love eachother.. but if it works for some people, i guess more power to them.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Maybe at first it wouldn't be bad it's so emotionally unhealthy. I don't think after changing to that lifestyle it's realistic that the marraige will last. It's like looking for something to fix the relationship, a band-aide of you will. You're only asking for heartache if you do this.
    Anonymous

• I would never "share" my husband with anybody.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't know if you're thinking about doing this, but if you haven't yet, I wouldn't do it. Some people say it works for them but I can't imagine how. Alot of times people who have an open marriage started out that way. They both wanted it when they met. To just switch from a manogamous relationship to an open marriage is a different story. Maybe one partner wants it more than the other or maybe something is wrong in the relationship and one or both partners need someone or something else in their life. Either way I can't see how it could be good for the relationship. Someone always gets hurt.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 3:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If someone wants to have sex with someone else why would they get married??????Doesn't make sense to me.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We dont have an open marriage although we are swingers. there is a difference. we do swap partners with other couples but we are both there and in the same room. if we have a 3some it is someone we both want. we are both bi so this works both ways. we do not have sex with others without the other there; we do not do it behind each others backs.

Entering the swinging lifestyle has brought my husband and I so much closer and has opened many door for us.
    Anonymous

• There is no way I could share my husband with someone it would drive me crazy~ if I did share him I'd wonder to myself does he touch her the way he does me?
    3Tsmommy

Answer by 3Tsmommy at 3:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Anon ... How is that not considered a open marriage that's about as open as it could get.

I can't believe that someone would admit to being a "swinger".... I think its disgusting

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008