Question==>>> PART 2 Would you allow your husband family to see the kids if they plotted against you???

Okay , I really do feel that i don't want my kid around his family although it is the only family they have. My family is not around at all although we have a 4yr old boy and a 13 year girl. My son is crazy about his dad. So far I have been allowing him to get the kids. We haven't got the divorce yet are First court date is 1025. I just can't find it in my heart to take him away totally from his dad. I just make sure he stay as far away from me as possible. Their father grew up in a abusive household the mother in dad is still together they supported him in his behavior toward me( violence). He asked me if he could get the kids every first and third weekend . He already found a new woman. His Sister Which is my Kids Auntie Hate me with a passion because I started to fight back against his and theirs abusive. There Children which are my kids first cousins are involved in the hatred as well

Dutchess941

Asked by Dutchess941 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your kids know the truth- and they will love you no matter what. It will backfire on them (H's family) for badmouthing their mom! And it will backfire on you if you try to keep them from seeing their family too. They will be able to make their own judgments/opinions. As long as they are not in any danger, you need to let them go w/ their dad. Taking the high road is always the way to go. Your kids will thank you for it someday.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Tough call, divorce is ugly business. If your ex is abusive, was he abusive to your kids too? If thats the case, then I wouldn't let any of them have the kids until you go to court. Don't take this the wrong way, I in NO way support what happened to you, but if he was fine with your kids then yes let him see them, let a judge decide what to do in court next month and be sure to let him know that he is abusive towards you and anything the family has done. As far as his family, if its during his time, not much you can do until you go to court and if he gets visitation/custody...unless there is a reason that can be proven...drugs, drinking, arrests etc. the kids can see his family.

Also since he is abusive, only meet in PUBLIC places. I would also request a custody mediator to go between the two of you so you are not dealing with him directly, and ask the judge to make exchanges at a police station.
    2010Mommy2be

Answer by 2010Mommy2be at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you are not in physical danger then I would let the kids go. If you or your kids were in danger I would not. I would then review with family court the concerns I had so a judge can decide.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010