Is it harder for men or women?

When misscarridge happens in a marridge, Is it harder on the man or on the women? what do you think? what did you experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it's hard on both men and women. Although I believe it would emotionally be harder on a woman. I dunno.
    stina1218

Answer by stina1218 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i think it is very hard on the man but more hard on the woman - emotionally.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 11:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• When I had mine, my husband took about 3 months before he could even talk about it. I was hurt definately, but I honestly think he took longer to heal than I did.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My sister just went through this and believe it or not her Hubby cried more, and still cries about it. He is soo sensitive. It depends on each person's level of desire for the baby lost.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think it depends on the couple. My husband was extremely upset about miscarrying the twins(it was his idea to get pregnant when we did), but he wanted to be strong for me because he knew how upset I was. He was real touchy about the subject. I think it affected me a little bit more, but he was definitely upset- he just knew he had to be strong so I could see it was ok
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• When my sister miscarried, everyone told her it was nature's way of saying something was wrong with the baby. Her husband took that as a way to blame himself. He was convinced something was genetically wrong because of all the chemicals and things he is exposed to at work. My sister was a wreck, but he took it extremely hard as well. It all depends on the couple and what they have invested emotionally.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i think that it is harder on the women cause we like to blame ourselves, say that our bodies arent able to carry a baby that kind of stuff. im not saying it is not hard on a guy, but i think that it is so much worse for a woman.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It all depends on the man and on the women. No two are created equally.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It was hard on both of us. We had lost the baby but did not realize it until we went into the doctors for an ultrasound. There were no other ideas that trouble was brewing. It was ourfirst baby so both of us were very excited. But he had an easier time accepting it sooner than I did. It still haunted me and still does.
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think that is is really hard on both the man and the woman. But I also think it is harder on the woman. From the moment you find out you are pregnant, you get attached to the baby emotionally. I am only 6 months pregnant now, but I have never loved someone as much as I love my daughter. When I miscarried, I hadn't told my partner yet, our relationship was new, and it was an accidental pregnancy, I wanted to make sure he was ready and he never knew, so it didn't hurt him.
    Anonymous