My son loves me to read to him any good books for a 3 year old to learn from I can get?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• At Walmart they have books in the toy section. They are not hardback and are for pre-K. They incorporate reading with pictures so you can read and so can he (by saying what the picture is). My DD loves them. I don't like their price ($3 each) but they are worth it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't worry about learning at age 3 from books - but instead just ENJOYING the story. Its developing a love of reading for entertainment, expanding vocabulary, increasing their attention span, encouraging imagination. Our favorite books are the Llama Llama series (llama llama red pajama, llama llama mad at momma, and llama llama misses mama), the Pigeon series (Pigeon wants to drive the bus, Pigeon finds a hotdog, and Don't let the Pigeon stay up late, Digger man (great if you have 2 boys), My Truck is Stuck, How to talk to a Pirate, Stella Luna, and the Kissing Paw.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i think a 3 year old can learn from ANY book :) i would suggest the library, but i find that my 3 yo loves to read the same books over and over and over again so he doesn't enjoy library books much yet. i would just take him to the store and let him pick out a few that appeal to him :) jmho
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I still have Harold and the Purple Crayon, Oh, What Places You'll Go and I Love This Much. The library is always a good bet and you have a tremendous selection, however it is highly probable that one story will be his "bestest" one and that you will be something to have for always. Call the local elementary school and see if they can help you get some books just for him, call the pediatrician's office and local churchs for information also. Do you have any used book stores around? Good luck and FANTASTIC Reading.
    kellimatz

Answer by kellimatz at 1:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Good old Doctor Seuss
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I love Dr. Seuss. His books were actually written to help people learn to read. I have successfully gotten my son to love them. I have started going to the library more and I go to a section that is appropriate for his age and I let him pick the books he wants.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Get lots of GOOD books that you can read over and over and over again.

I really recommend The 20th-Century Children's Book Treasury & Harper Collins Treasury of Picture Book Classics
    every story in them is good and they are both books of books so it doesn't take up so much room on the ever expanding kids shelf.
    onyxravnos

Answer by onyxravnos at 6:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• they have these stage books i get my son the stage 1 and hes working on 2 but stage one they are a few words on a page and he reads them
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010