Has anyone else lost weight while pregnant?

I am 20 wks. prego, and I have lost about 10 lbs. so far. I was overweight to begin with (200 lbs) now I'm sitting at 190. Had some nausea from about week 13-18, otherwise I just don't feel hungry for anything. Is this normal?

begal3

Asked by begal3 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It happened to me. After I FOUND OUT I was pregnant at 20 weeks I had already lost 16 lbs. As long as you START gaining some then you should be fine. I'd keep an eye on it and make yourself eat some healthy things for the benefit of the baby whether you're hungry or not. I'm doing that right now. I'm not hungry at all but I'm eating a healthy meal for the benefit of my son.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It happened to me too! I was really sick up until 22 weeks or so and lost about 10lbs. Even after I stopped feeling sick I still wasn't very hungry. Eventually I started gaining weight and had just passed my pre pregnancy weight at 9 months! My midwife told me to eat whatever looked good to me, whenever I was hungry. Try talking to your Dr. and see what he/she has to say.
    Sophiasmommy06

Answer by Sophiasmommy06 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• with my first pregnancy I lost almost 20 pounds. I was also overwight to start with. I wouldnt worry too much about it harming the baby, just try to keep hydrated and if you can, your prenatals. Good luck to ya
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I lost a lot of weight (20+lbs) with both kids. I was sick all the time. I threw up from the day I found out I was pregnant to the day I delivered. My doctor said the weight didn't matter as long as the baby was fine.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008