Is Ipod actually the best choice for an MP3 player?

I am going to buy one but I know a lot of people who have had problems with their Ipods. Is there another one you would recommend?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 1:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• We have 5 Ipod's in our family, never had an issue. We have Nano's (2 different generations) as well as the Touch (2 different ones as well). I don't know of another one that is as user-friendly as the IPod, or is accessible with so many things (cars, docking stations, etc.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i've never once had a problem with my ipod and i've had it for 3 years. i have the ipod touch
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have had from the nano to the iphone.. The only problem has been people stealing them but no actually technical difficulties. I love them.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We had an iPod, the battery died in it. LOL I bought a $30 Mp3 player from Family Dollar and it works fine. It holds enough music and plays fine. My son uses it when we go places. It will play movies, but, it has a tiny screen and my son chooses not to use it for that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My brother has had 2 that he's had to stop using because they wouldn't turn on anymore. Hmmm....I guess they still sound the best though. Thanks.
    jenae_gist

Comment by jenae_gist (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If that happens, they need a new battery. Those only have like a 2 year shelf life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have a 2nd Gen 80GB Zune and a 5th gen 8GB iPod Nano. They both have their issues.

The Zune hardware is heavier, but it's cheaper and holds more, plus has a bigger screen. Their software can be frustrating at times though.

The Nano has pretty easy software, and it's very small, but the battery life SUCKS. I also don't like that you have to have iTunes installed in order to recharge it from a computer's USB port. iTunes also doesn't convert ALL of my music files, so I can't access/load my entire collection to the Nano.

Personally, I prefer my Zune, but I think that's because it was the one I had first, so the process is more familiar. Really, it's all about what benefits/drawbacks you want and are willing to deal with.

I'd check the reviews on Amazon for different MP3 players before you buy.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have a zune 1st generation so, it's pretty klunkie but, if you get the newer ones they hold alot and aren't so bulky. I have twin brothers who are now 20. One LOVES Ipods and only buys them the other LOVES Zunes and will only buy them (they are my go to tech guys lol) anyways I think it really depends on what you are ultimately looking for in the end. Like a PP said make sure to check out the reviews online between all of them and us them to help make your final decision.
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 2:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010