"Mom, you are great!"

This was the response I got from my 3 yr old DD last night while I was cleaning the hairball out of the tub drain, LOL!

What odd things do you get praise for from your children?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't say praise but I remember both my boys were talking about my family (mother, brother, nephew and sister). They said my nephew needed to go on world's strictest parents, my brother needed to go on Wife Swap and my sister need to go intervention.
    So I said what about me, do you think it would be good if I went on Wife Swap and you guys could have a different mother for a week. Both the boys said no in unison, we don't need some crazy in our house you're the perfect mom. When I asked about their dad - they said that might be okay but they would be worried the new dad wouldn't like sports.
    My younger son was talking about friend and his parents once, and how he can't ever do anything. I said maybe I'm not protective enough and shouldn't let you do some of the things you do, and he said - No mom you are just perfect not too much and not too little, I love you.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That's cute.... Mine haven't really said anything yet. My 3 yr old doesn't talk and my 1 yr old doesnt know very many words yet
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My kids as kids complimented me about everything I did, one of which was volunteering at their school, they often did the volunteering for me!

Answer by older at 1:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh that's too sweet!! yesterday I picked him up from daycare and I looked at him and he said Can you hold my hand? I said sure so we drove a little while like that and I looked back and smiled at him and he said I love you mommy.. *tears* he can sure melt my heart!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That is really sweet.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My 3 year old told me once "Mama, you're the pretty princess ever" and I just about died! Melted my heart.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I make my son his fav sandwich, he says thank u mama. I love u
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010