how to get involved/ meet people in raleigh nc?

I just moved to Raleigh and i am a stay at home mother i have two kids a 6 year old and 7month old. I am trying to find things to do during the day and i have no friends or family so i get pretty lonely. i am looking to meet other moms or meetup groups , anything. If anybody wants to meet or can point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks in advance

AlannaMaria

Asked by AlannaMaria at 1:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I live in Raleigh, and LOVE it!! I have 5 kids - 13, 10,9, 2, and 2 months. I went to a MOPS group when my older ones were little and met a lot of moms that way. There's also a SAHM group http://www.meetup.com/NorthRaleighWakeForestStayAtHomeMomsGroup/ I've never been, but have met moms who were "members" at local playgrounds. I go to Bay Leaf Baptist Church which is really good and has tons of opportunities for adults and kids alike, if you are looking for a church.

Answer by missanc at 2:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Check out CM for moms in your are. Like PP said MOPS groups are great. Check out your local library for story time and kids craft times. Find the website for your local metro parks they usually have things for kids. Nature hikes and the like.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010