my soon to be 4yr old in december/car seat

i was going to get her a booster seat but what ive read and seen id like to keep her in a 5 point harness are theyre any stinkin carseats for her ive never been so stressed on buying a carseat and wanting safety for my daughter the baby and 1-4 carseats were easy...but having to find her the next carseat is stressful since i dont want her in just a booster with the seat belt.i was at walmart looking and found this one but they didnt have teh box to read but did say 30=100lbs but it says for 30-100lbs they have to use the seat belt are there any that they can be in a harness and not have to use just the seat belt here is the one i looked for

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Chase-Deluxe-Booster-Car-Seat-Abigail/12960877

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 1:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd get the graco nautilus, it harnesses to 65 lbs then converts to a high back then backless booster. My DS is almost 5 and still has plenty of room in it

skip the one you posted, it is crap, you have to convert it to a booster at 40 lbs
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The Eddie Baur Deluxe is good with the 5pt harness. I have a 4 year old who uses it. I heard they are not very safe to use as a booster, but the harness works excellently. I got it at BJ's for about $75 a couple years ago.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• do you know where we can get it cheaper than almost 200 we cant really afford that
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The Maestro is a great car seat, it has the same harness heights as the nautilus, and they're both outgrown at about the same time. How much does your daughter weigh? The maestro also makes a great booster seat once your daughter is booster ready. http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Maestro-Harness-Booster-Seat/dp/B002VUCB7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1285264745&sr=1-1
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 2:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The eddie bauer seat is more than likely almost outgrown by your daughter... my 2yr old has outgrown the harness height.
    mrs3stan

• we just weighed her she is 35lbs and bf said 3foot tall
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• maestro is alot better price range.
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'd definitely go with the maestro then. It just made the list for best booster/car seat combo. Those 4-in-1's are horrible, and quickly outgrown. :) I'm sure you'll love the maestro if that's what you get!
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 2:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• would also go with the meastro or nautilus....you can find the nautilus for $139 at walmart.com with free shipping and the meastro at sears and kmart.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i like my dd carseat. she will be 4 in march. current weight 37 lbs. she has a myride 65.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010