help with 3 yr old dd

i need to get my three year old on a schedule like wake up nap bath eat bed .................... any ideas? thanks moms and will it be hard? she is on one of those do as you please schedules right now lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You set the schedule and stick with it every day. Best time for afternoon nap is after lunch and then lay down with him for a nice book, offer him his favorite blankie or whatever and say time for nap. Tell him when he gets up he will get to do something fun with mommy but only after he naps. He may resist at first but do not give in, this is great training for when they get older. They will test boundaries but you must stick to your guns. Consistent discipline is the best tool for raising good kids, I promise.
    LaughingDoc

Answer by LaughingDoc at 2:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it will probably be hard at first, just ease it to it - I started my son on a schedule at 7 months and it has only changed for nap times.. I work outside the home so ours would be a bit different than a sahm's schedule might be.. good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It will be hard, but just keep with it. Figure out what time you want things happeneing. They wake when they want in the morning (except my 5 year old because of school), We have lunch around 11:30, so that by 12 I can say let's go to bed. I don't accept it if they decied they want to eat when it's time for bed. I make sure they have plenty of time to eat, if they don't and then say they are hungry when I go to put them to bed... it's stalling because they don't want to go to bed. They are in bed at night around 7:30(school nights, only both because they share a room). We are struggling right now to keep the lo down. She will get up and keep getting up til about 10 or 11 before I can finally get her to stay in bed. She's up by 7 am. I think that it's her meds right now messing with her sleeping though. Just stick with it what ever you do. Keep putting them back to bed make sure they pee before laying down.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 2:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010