• In the Spotlight:

Anyone in VA on Medicaid, good obs? 1st time mama needs help!

Hi mommas!
I'm 12 weeks 4 days w/my first! I applied for Medicaid, and JUST recieved my card.
In VA, do they send you a list of Drs/Obs to choose from? I didn't get 1. I'm totally open to suggestions, if you know any awesome obs and reg. drs that accept medicaid, I'd love to know who they are. I'm thinking St. Mary's?
I really want a hospital that doesn't push drugs & csecs. I'd LIKE to go natural, water birth if possible. ( don't know which hospitals offer it, or if Medicaid covers it.)
I'd definately consider a birthing center, but I'm not sure that there is one close enough. We're in Richmond VA, 23227. Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it being new to VA and not knowing many moms!

mrseum

Asked by mrseum at 3:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• I would call and ask for a list before you make any decisions. If I remember correctly when my daughter was on Medicaid, we got a list a little while after she ws enrolled. But don't wait, get in contact with the SS office, and see about getting your hands on a list.
    I am in VA (at the bottom, lol) give me a hollar if you want!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008