What do I ask for the interview?

Im going for an interview at a salon for the front desk position, but I have no idea what to ask when its my turn? Can someone please give me ideas? Also, Im having a surgery scheduled in a couple of weeks, should I not mention that incase they dont want to deal with giving me off time??

Thanks in advanced ladies :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do your research about the position, salon, etc before your interview. Find something unique about the salon like what have you found most challenging by owning this salon? How can I help you solve problems that you have had in the past? Tell them you understand that the front desk/receptionist is one of the most important jobs for a company as you give the first impression. Your mission would be to make the customer smile and want to come back. Ask them what problems they have had in the past with receptionists and then be ready to give them solutions. Let's say they had someone who surfed the web...your response...surfing the web shouldn't be done at work, you aren't paying me to play but work. They say...she had poor phone etiquette, you say..."Good morning, this is....how can I help you?" They say she is rude to customers...you say...I was voted miss congeniality in school + I have a great smile!
    LaughingDoc

Answer by LaughingDoc at 2:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Why is this position open?
    Why did you choose me to interview?
    What do you see as the three biggest challenges for the person moving into this role?
    What is your management style?
    Describe the ideal person for this position.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010