When did your toddler start riding a trike?

My daughter has one but my son is more interested and he is almost 14 months. I already have one for him even though he is too small...anyway my daughter wants to learn but doesn't want to pedal. She just wants me to push her and me do the work instead. I don't think she understands completely because she will push the one pedal but doesn't understand to then push the other. I've tried to show her to help her pedal but she gets frustrated and gives up but she always goes to it when we go outside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter is three can still can not get the peddle thing
    she has autism, and possible core weakness
    or just can not make connection in her brain, so she avoids peddle bikes
    and we have a few we have tried to encourage her to try
    will try to see as something to look forward to in future
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son always loved to ride his, but he moved by pushing his feet on the ground. He didn't get the pedaling thing until he was almost 4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Katie is 3 and she going at riding her bike (she does still have training wheels) but she picked it up real fast.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• He started with a tricyle about 2 or 3, then a bigger bike and he wanted the training wheels off when he was 4. So we would set the bike on tuna cans in the living room so the training wheels weren't on the floor to help him learn to balance, only took a few weeks and he was riding away on two wheels at 4 years old. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010