my son is 7 he is in 2nd grade up until about 2 weeks ago he has not been finishing his work or turning anything in. he is a very smart boy. we have hit a rough spot and moved 3xs in 4 months i think that this may have somethimg to do with it. i just dont know what to do i have tried everything....please help me!!

my seven year old son is acting as if he doesnt know what he is doing is wrong

boopthis

Asked by boopthis at 3:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My oldest dd went throu the same thing, she too had some issues and had to move often in one yr that my oldest grandson began to withdraw ... he went to as many schools as they moved...
    You need to stablize your family situtation quickly and reasure him that that things will get better...
    If he has moved to different schools to, that could have a big impact on him also...
    As the other posters have said, your son most likely thinks he isn't going to be in one place long enough to care what he does in school....
    You may want to talk to the schools counsoler too and have your son speak with the person...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Maybe he thinks he's going to move again so he doesn't even make the effort to do the school work. Why do you move around so much?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would do your best to stabilize your family situation. If you can do that, reassure him that that's the plan. And then talk to him a bit...see if you can get him to talk to you. As you talk to him, you might figure out what the next best step is. Best wishes to y'all...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You need to stay stable for a while. Changes can rock a little boy's world, and if there are any other issues they may be hidden by all the upheaval. Been there done that.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008