Stressed about upcoming lay off.... advice.

My husband's company told him that his hours will be reduced by 50% in the coming month and he will be made a part-time employee moving forward. Jobs are scarce here and although he will start to look for other work right away... We are stressed.

If you or your SO have been laid off... what things have you changed? (mostly financially)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm sorry you are going through that, that's a scary blow. One possible job I would look into is with the cable company in your area. For example, here in WNY we have Time Warner Cable as one provider. They have door knocker jobs. It's where Time Warner gives you a list of leads and you knock on the doors trying to sell them on Time Warner services, you get a comission on each sale. PLUS benefits, base salary and even paid gas.

The only people at the local Time Warner branch that makes more than the knockers are the executives. My husband is a knocker, and just recently started there (he was with verizon fios, but they have no benefits or base pay) and he's on track to earn over $100,000 a year....the average salary of the knockers!!!!

Good Luck
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I carry the insurance through my job. I work 40 plus hours. He is a stay at home while looking for a job online dad. We don't shop at jewel or dominicks anymore. We shop at warehouse like stores with great prices and good food!! any more ideas? just message me. Oh BTW my hubby lost his job completely after 23 years!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'm SO sorry for what you're going through. My DH was laid off last year. He is currently making half of what he used to make. It was okay in the beginning, we had quite a bit of savings. Slowly but surely we realized that we needed to do something else to help us out. I now work from home and I love it! I'd love to help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I started a work at home job, that made the biggest difference. Here is my company website http://www.savefueltoday.goxft.com You can also message me here for any info.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010