My baby crosses her right eye...is that normal

I have a 13 month old daughter and recently she has been crossing her right eye. It goes right back to normal, but I'm not sure why she is doing it. Has anyone else had their baby do this and how did you stop it?

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter does this and always has. Two of her muscles in her eye crossed that weren't supposed to and they did surgery to undo them. She now does excersizes with her eyes to strengthen the muscles
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope at 13 months that is NOT normal. She needs to see an eye doc. The sooner you address it the better. Good luck, Mama!
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• as someone who has worked in optical for 10 years i'd say tell your Ped, it could be nothing or it could be a sign of a lazy eye in which case if it is a slight case she will just get a cute little patch to wear over her left to make her right stronger
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Talk to your doctor. I would get it checked.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• She may have Amblyopia or Sttrabismus. My mom and 2 cousins have it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Take her in to see your pediatrician, or a pediatric ophthalmologist (depending on your insurance) and get her checked out. Very young babies do this, it's not normal for a 13 month old. It may be something really simple, but she should be seen.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Could be a lazy eye. My left eye does that. She may not be doing it intentionally.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Have her looked at by a professional, and try and capture it on a video in case she is not able to do it when in the ped's office.

Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was going to say what BradenIsMySon said.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010