Can you get pregnant....

When you're NOT ovulating? I'm not 100% sure when I ovulate, I look for the signs SOMEITMES, but i'm not always sure, so i'm wondering... can I get pregnant when i'm NOT ovulating?

Ihavehope9

Asked by Ihavehope9 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You have the risk/chance of getting pregnant everytime you have sex, even if it's during your period
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you're as clueless as you claim in all of your Qs you should 1. take a woman's health class, 2. talk to ab OB GYN or CNM, or 3. go get books from the library and research how babies are made.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was once told to count 10-15 days out from the start of your cycle those are the best days to try to conceive. In counting I had two children, when I forgot to count, #3 was on the way. If all else fails if you can't handle sex everyday or is just does not happen, try every other day its bound to work. Or just don't try. I was trying not to have #3 but I'm happy to have her!

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 2:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Octobersmom- you are hateful in the way you speak, and I don't want you to comment on anymore of my questions. I'm looking for encouragement and positive things to be told to me, and that's why i'm here- TO LEARN. So please, go away, and NEVER come back.
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ihavehope9, you may think she's being hateful but she isn't. Reality is your questions sound like that of a teenager. A woman who is responcible enough and mature enough to handle motherhood would already know the answers to the questions you are asking. This site really isn't designed for kids to join to ask questions about becoming a mom. I would recommend slowing down and working on your life, your career, your future, before trying to get pregnant, because you will be in for a rude awakening....raising a baby is a 24/7 job. That baby will wake up anywhere from 3 to 6 times a night whether you are tired or not, that bbay will need your every single waking moment and your life is no longer yours but your childs....so don't immediately have a negative responce to answers you don't want to hear.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have 2 children, a career, a stable marriage, and yes, I want another. I am financially stable, and i'm sorry if my questions seem "stupid", "childish" or WHATEVER, this is not the place to criticise, Generally, I know the answers to the questions that i'm asking, but I was aimiing towards hearing from women with experience. The way that she was talking to me was rude, regardless if you agree or not. This was my question, not yours... and if I feel offended by what she says, then I have the right to say so. Thank you.
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Also, I don't think that it sounds like a "teenager" for me to ask if you can get pregnant if you're ovulating or not, considering i've heard different answers from different doctors. I wanted to hear other peoples opinion. This is what this is for, to ask questions and get answers and advice from women you can relate to or have been there. Even if I WAS a 16 year old, I would hope that isn't the way "octobermom" would direct that girl, because it was RUDE. PERIOD.
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You asked a question and I replied with good advice. Women online are not medical professionals who's words should be taken as gospel.
    You asked if you can get pregnant because you scooped semen from your stomach off and used your fingers to put it inside of you. That is someone thing a child would ask. A child who is trying to trap a man. Or a troll which is what I am now suspecting since you say on your profile that you are a homemaker and here you claim to have a career.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes, I am a home maker. I am a stay at home mom who makes jewelry and sells it. I also work for avon, FROM HOME. So yes, I am both! And like I said before, we have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. He pulled out to try to stop from ejaculating so that we could then start again, he wanted to make the process longer and then had the intention of ejaculating inside of me. Unfortunately, when he pulled out, he came. So he told me to try to put it inside me, we didn't want to miss a chance of getting pregnant. He is NOT being trapped. We have 2 beautiful children, and we want more. And I don't think it's childish to ask something like that considering I have NEVER done that before. I wanted to know if anyone ever had, or heard about it working.
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You do have to ovulate in order to get pregnant. If you don't ovulate, there isn't an egg there to be fertilized by the sperm. But you most certainly can get pregnant if you don't know when you ovulate. I have not been able to pinpoint when I ovulate, even on clomid, because my PCOS makes everything so crazy. But I have had two children and one ectopic pregnancy, so there is hope that a person can get pregnant if they don't know when they ovulate. When we were trying for our 2nd child we just made sure that we had intercourse every other day so that when I did ovulate, we had our bases covered. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010