Is it possible to find Mr. Right after a divorce?

My soon to be ex and I have been married for 11 years. But we've actually been together for 15. We're filing for a dissolution because we can't take being married to each other anymore. I've been hurt deeply. Is it possible to find Mr. Right?? How do I start another relationship with someone else with all the insecurities and doubts that I have due to this marriage??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, Anonymous...I can almost "hear" your pain. I, too, was divorced and went on about the business of life...and met my present husband within a couple of months; it was a God thing...pure and simple. I don't know if you're a Christian or not, and even if you're not, you could try going to one of the Singles Sunday school classes at a larger church in your area. I know several people who met that way, and they're doin' great. We have two classes at our church...the singles and the single again. Best wishes to you, sweetie...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes it's possible and at some point the pain will begin to subside...the insecurities and the paranoia will fade and one day you'll turn around and Mr Fantastic will be standing behind you... At least that's the way it worked for me.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You need to wait a while. You need to heal your heart and right now it's so broken. Give it time and in my opinion don't even look. God will bring the right guy to you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My first dh and I was married for 3 years. (Although that doesn't seem like a long time. It was.) A year later I met this wonderful man that I am married to now. So the answer to your question "Is it possible to find Mr. Right. I would have to say Hell Yeah. I believe that my first dh just prepared me for my dh now. Just a little advise to you.. Take time out for you once the divorce is over. Take time out to learn and love yourself. Once you do that everything else will fall in place. Good Luck!
    cassey522

Answer by cassey522 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Thank you for your replies. All of you have given me hope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• OH sweeite, I wish I could help you in your time of need. This is what you need to do, concentrate on you. don't worry about finding another man, because as you know htey are big pain in the butt. Figure out who you are, what you like, and what you need in life. Enjoy being with yourself and don't look for mr. right. like the other moms said he will show up one day and you will fall madly in love with him. But right now you need to take care of yourself and find yourself. good luck sweetie and god speed to healing that broken heart.
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel and how hurt you are becasue i feel the same way and yes it is possible to find Mr rigth you have to look in the rigth places and sometimes you dont ahve to look maybe Mr rigth will find you, you have to belive that and have faith
    Erica25800

Answer by Erica25800 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2008