• In the Spotlight:

What's your baby's favorite baby food? Does it happen to be the first food he/she tried?

I'm curious to see the relationship between other babies' favorite foods and the first foods they tried. My son's first food was squash, then carrots, then peaches, and pears. His absolute favorite is squash, then peaches, then the other two. He'll eat others, too, but these are his all-time, never-fail favorites.

Is this coincidence? I can't help but wonder... My son hates green beans, but if I had given him as his first food, would he love them?

Any input?

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 3:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't say my sons favorites are the first foods because he eats and loves EVERYTHING! I pretty much started him with veggies and he loves veggies. (Even Green Beans)...always has. He loved them in the jar and he'll gobble them up whole now. It looks like you started your son out with fairly sweet stuff. He may have liked green beans if he'd had them earlier...it's hard to say. I heard that you were supposed to start kids with veggies as to not cause a sweet tooth, but I don't know if that's fact or not. Some moms will disagree or have different experiences.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• idk if thats true but my son will eat anything. he LOVES sweet potatoes
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 3:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The first things we gave our son was prunes and squash. He had constant BM problems. Now he absolutely hates both of them but can't seem to get enough of the green veggies. Weird I know but he loves green beans and I think would eat them all the time if I let him.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 3:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008