Has Your Child Ever Had Hands, feet and mouth virus?

My friends one and a half year old has it, and we both have never hear of it! has your baby had this before. did it spread to other people?? how long did your child have it??

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Did u take the child to a doctor,they can tell u all u need to know and answer all your questions completely and correctly.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes he did. It is contagious. He had it around the same time that the other kids in the at-home daycare he was in. Pretty much all the kids had to stay home for a few days. It sucked, ugh.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My DD just had it a couple months ago. I think she got a pretty mild case because she got red spots on her body but she didn't really get any sores. She had some spots in her mouth, too, but I could never get a good look to see them. She had a fever that would come and go for a few days. Anyway, I called the ped and he didn't even have me bring her in. He said they can't prescribe anything for it and to give her Tylenol or Motrin for fever or pain if needed. She had to be fever free for 24 hours before she could return to day care. No one else at day care got it even though she was there the day the fever started, and no one in my family got it, nor her cousins that she was playing with before we knew she was sick.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well its my friends daughter, she doesn't really ask to may questions... i looked it up on web md and got some info, but i like to kinda keep myself medically educated lol.. i also like to get other mothers input on there experience. doctors and online can be very text book.. everyone is different and has different experiences
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• One of my twins got it not long after she turned one. There is really nothing you can do for it, and it is contagious. My older daughter and I also caught it, but her twin brother did not (that kid almost never gets sick!). The doctor did say it was strange for an adult to get it, but he suspected I was pretty run down at the time. Of course the doctor also tried to tell me it wasn't all that painful or uncomfortable, but I know from personal experience that is not true. I had blisters on my hands and feet, and it was very uncomfortable and painful.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope never have but I would take the child to the dr and get some medication and proper diagnosis

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010