Do you think.....

We as member should have a say on who gets to be booted out of this site?

Asked by older at 2:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No there are goin to be rude ppl unless they take it too far then all they would do is change their info and come back again.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY NOT . too often its a popularity contest on here.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The only problem with this idea is that I could forsee someone thinking what someone says is "vile" simply because they disagree.

Let's say the person who wants to be the "booter" is a huge advocate for : breastfeeding, ERF, cloth diapering, no CIO, same sex marriage, staying at home, pro life, etc. (trying to think of hot button topics... lol)
    and the "bootee" is a formula feeder, who uses CIO, disposable diapers, anti same sex marriage, all for working moms, pro choice, etc.

Also both of them are known for speaking up about what they agree with constantly. While what neither one of them is saying is probably considered "vile" by every member of the site, the ones that agree with the "booter" most likely agree that it is vile garbage instead of varying opinions/lifestyles.

I hope my rambling makes sense.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sometimes I do but then again people can be so petty that I think just because they don't like someone they would boot them.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 2:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Only if it directly affects you; otherwise, I don't think it's anyone else's business.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• To an extent.. Sometimes ppl get all uptight and want people out.. that wouldn't be fair.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What if it was put out for members to agree and sign a petition? what if it was someone who has been here for years and the only thing you have seen from them is vile?

Comment by older (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• what if it was someone who has been here for years and the only thing you have seen from them is vile? .................i really do not think my partner is on here, he is the only vile person i can see booting off, no one bothers me to that point

did i miss something??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am talking about a member who has been here for at least how old the site is 4 years or so, has never had a kind word or gesture towards anyone here, and all the comments are meant to insult and degrade. It hasn't been me personally but all of us as a whole have been at one time affected by the lack of tact, rudeness, bitterness, etc.
    Krofz, I hear ya, but this has nothing to do with difference of opinion, you can speak up your mind without belittle anyone in the process.

Comment by older (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am new on here. I thought someone was supposed to be watching for posts that are rude, uncalled for, etc.... And I thought those people that were out of hand would be booted. I guess this person has slipped through the cracks, huh?? I hope no one is ever offended by anything that I say. I only want to be able to hear from other moms that I can relate to about things. I don't want to be popular or have any other reasons for joining. :)
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 5:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010