Does anyone do a health/natural only diet on their children?

I have heard commercial products say gluenten or MSG free. I never paid much attention to it. Doing some research it looks like gluenten, sugar, breads, cow milk/cheese could cause some children medical problems. I am starting to think certain foods do cause her problems.

Does anyone have good websites for recipes/foods that are good to use when trying an all natural diet or whatever it is called. Could especially use foods good to send for snacks and lunch. I am starting to think this so called government diet they follow is part of the problem. I see the school lunch menus and they think a soft pretzel with cheese, fruit cup & milk is lunch.

I want to just try changing the diet to see if it helps.
(Also posted in health but looking for different views)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• i try and feed me, my 16 month old son & my so as healthy as possible. i buy my son organic milk, but if were at a resturant or whatever ill let him drink the milk there too, and me and my so use regular milk just because organic milk is so expensive we cant afford it for all of us. i buy whole wheat bread, whole grain pastas, whole wheat bagels, whole wheat and grain crackers, fruits & veggies. but we also like to pig out & eat the good stuff sometimes too!!! lets face it, everythings gonna kill you so you might as well enjoy life sometimes!
    but as far as school lunches, when my son is in school, atleast while i can control it like in elementry school, i will probably pack him things like turkey on whole wheat with fruit or crackers but i occasionally will probably stick something good in there too. once there in middle school & highschool, its harder to control what they eat.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I feed them healthy food and limit how much junk they get.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I read in Parents magazine (I think it was them) that gluten free, if not medically necessary, is not the best diet choice if gluten doesn't cause any health problems itself. So whatever you choose just make sure what you are choosing to switch to is indeed better what what you guys are currently eating. I do a lot of the same things that Purpulbutterfly does. I have heard that milk, apples, and peaches are the most cost worthy items to buy organic because they contain the most hormones, antibiotics or pesticides.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• naturalnews.com is a great website with all the most recent things storys and articles about what is good for you and WHY.. there is SO much stuff you can learn about being what is really 'healthy' rather than what most people think is healthy. we need more curious moms like you, there are too many poeple out there just listening to western medicine doctors and big pharma companies who profit off your babies sick health. if you think about it, docotrs dont CURE anything, all they do is perscribe chemicals to cover up the sickness, rather than fiding the CAUSE of the problem and fixing it then ( b/c if they did that, they wouldnt have a pay check as fat as they do now). thats pretty sick itself.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010