Laundry??

I have a husband and 3 kids so i do a lot of laundry i have to do 1 to 2 loads every day. Just curious of many loads you do and how often, and do you do laundry every day or once a week?

AWebber212

Asked by AWebber212 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Every damn day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I do laundry about 3 times a week. I save money and avoid chemicals by making my own detergent. For about $2.50 I can make a 6 months supply of laundry detergent.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Everyday, but I love doing laundry .... just not folding it and putting it away!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It seems that the laundry never ends...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Every day...At least 2 loads a day. My husband is in the ARMY and he does PT 2 times a day so i have to make sure that he has a clean uniform for that. And we do not have enough to last a week if he needs 2 PT uniforms a day....If it wasnt for his damn uniforms then i would only have to do laundry one day a week and it would only be 4 loads...that includes my sheets and comfitor...Half the time my son is just in his diaper and shorts because it gets so warm in out house i dont worry about a shirt.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Would you want to share the recipe?? :)
    AWebber212

Comment by AWebber212 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• usually every other day it's just me me 2 kids and dh but he wears a uniform to work and they wash them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i don't have enough laundry to do everyday and we have the same amount of people in our family. i think the difference is that my husband is not home often and he wears a uniform and his job takes care of that laundry (it stays there). but i do laundry at least once a week, sometimes twice a week, but it's more like 3 or 4 loads instead of just one. if i did just one load at a time the house would always look a mess with clothes waiting to get put away, etc. and for me it's better to just take care of it once or twice a week
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• daily or every other day
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sure it's really easy. All you need to do is buy bars of ivory soap (i get a 3 pack at the dollar store), borax and washing soda. Borax and Washing soda are about $3 each give or take 50 cents. They are considered laundry boosters and are found in the laundry aisle in grocery stores, target, wal-mart, etc etc. The washing soda is by Arm and Hammer and looks like a large box of baking soda.

Grate the bar of soap and melt it in a pot with half a gallon of water, then pour into a bucket (I use a 5 gallon bucket), add 2 cupd each of the borax and washing soda, stir till dissolved then add 2 gallons of warm water. Use 1/4 cup per load, use can also add vinegar to the rinse cycle as a natural fabric softener.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010