c section...

i am probaly going 2 have 2 have a c section when i give borth with my tiwn girls,
could anyone like tell me what a c section will be like???
im like really scared and nervous, alothough im only 18 weeks pregant, please help!

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had 2 of them and will have another in dec. No one can really tell you what its going to be like cause its different for everyone, my 2 were totally different the first was emergency and it went quick . I had very little pain when i went home. I was walking around the hospital the day i had him. With my second it was the total opposite i had alot f pain when i went home. I could barely move while in the hospital. And the delivery was painful.

Anonymous

• oh Congrats on the baby girls!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I've also had two and going to have one in March. It's not so bad the first time. The worst part is the spinal/epidural. The c-section all you should feel is pressure when baby comes out. the recovery isn't fun though.. It shouldn't be as bad for you b/c you won't be trying labor first, that is when the c-section recovery is bad. You will start to feel better each day and as long as you have someone helping you, you'll do fine!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I've had 2 as well. My 1st one was an emergency b/c I ended up getting eclampsia. So I wasn't allowed to walk around b/c of the sezuire meds I was on. And the pain was horrible. I don't remember the actual c-section as I was asleep. The 2nd was with my twins and it so much easier. It was planned and I was awake for that one. All I felt was presure and pulling while the babies were being born. I was up walking around that night. I was in no pain at all. I think everyone and every surgery is different.
    cjjustlex

Answer by cjjustlex at 3:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i had one in june and it wasnt as scary as i t hought. although mine wasnt an emergency it kind of was. I pushed for 3 hours when they realized she was stuck and needed to do a c to get her out. they laid me on the table, numbed me up and 10 minutes later i heard her cry. After it was more rough than i heard with a vaginal delivery because i couldnt walk straight up and couldnt sit for too long because it tightened up, but once they took my staples out i was smooth sailing. my incision healed within a few weeks but sometimes even now (4 mos later) it gets sore if i do too much physical activity. just try to make sure you have some help the first few days because you prob wont be able to move around very quickly.
    Anonymous

• i had one! i had a emer. one. the only part that was scary was they made dh sit out side while they gave me my spinal block. I would have another c-section again. i loved it.. my problme was with twins i was very very animic and i almost died from lose of blood. which you should be ok.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• oh yeah i was up walking around the next day.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Just beware when you do have it. When you cough. Put a pillow where your cut is. It dont block the pain it still hurts but it helps a little. I always seemed to cough more right after i had my then i did the whole time i was pregnant.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I was so scared too. You will do great. I was scared for literally no reason. You go into a room (just like Greys Anatomy or something), and like 10 people are catering to you and moving you all around, they give you the epidural and then you feel nothing at all. I didnt even feel "pressure". I only felt my boobs move, lol. You will be numb from chest down. They will put a catheter (spelling) in when you are numb, and it doesnt hurt at all to take it out (usually the next day). You will be on plenty of pain meds and wont feel any pain for up to 24 hrs. They will move you to your own room, and bring your baby/babies to you. After that, its all down hill. They made me try to walk the next morning, and I did well. I went home in less than 48 hrs. I hope that you have an awesome experience like I did. I actually loved the whole thing.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Continued...
    Because I wasn't ballistic in labor, I could enjoy every moment of bringing my daughter into the world. Its not the ideal situation for everyone, but it certainly was for me. Dont worry. I know its hard to listen to, but try. I promise I was at least as scared as you. I went to my OBGYN and cried for a whole afternoon when I was about 20 weeks along... Good luck :).
    LovinMyMikayla