When someone answers one of your questions.. would you rather them be straight and honest (no matter how harsh it its) OR tell you what you want to hear?

I just answered someones question..honestly..what I would do.. But she didn't like it so she's attacking my status as a mom! For real lady?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 3:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in

• Tell that bitch to get the stick out of her ass. If the truth hurts then build a bridge & get over it! Honesty is the best policy. Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer!
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 1:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Tell me honest and straight forward. But, don't berate me. And also expect me to answer back and forth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Be honest hars or not. I hate when people Lie to me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh yeah and by the way didnt you know your a shitty mom i you tell the truth! I thought every mom knew that...just make yourself look like an amazing mom and tell people that you NEVER get mad at your kids and the people who do get mad because their kid dumped all the eggs on the floor or threw the trash all over the house those moms are awful! And they are all going to hell for being bad moms lol. Im sure your a good mom! Dont let people tell you otherwise!!!!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Honest and straight forward. There have been a couple of times I got offended by peoples answers to my questions, but over time I realized they were right in what they said.

NOTICE: Please always tell me the TRUTH of what you are thinking!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i rather honest answers but i don't think there is a need to be nasty about it. do it in a somewhat polite way.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 3:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I answer honestly but I also believe in tact. Then again, I've been told I'm an old fashioned person. I also believe that I deserve to be told the truth and I DESERVE to be respected. I don't cuss and I don't like it when others cuss around me, it should be a simple courtesy that you don't do something unless you know you wont offend the other person. There is a thin line between honesty and rudeness.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't use the phrase "Grow some balls" but my husband uses it all the time with his friends, co-workers, our teenage son....

Honestly, it is not my fav phase, but I would not consider it cussing.

I think it is a perfectly reasonable response in some situations... and, in fact, I would say there are many occasions, where we all need to "Grow some balls" and do what we think. Hopefully if she didn't like your choice of words, she at least considered the message.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What one person views rude and disrespectful may actually be tactful and polite for the person typing it. We can't read tone and we're all also from very different areas and backgrounds. That is the downfall of the internet.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with grow some balls. Its the same when women tell others to put their big girl panties on, or dont get your panties in a bunch! Not everyone gets offended at the same thing and if something offends you, well dont take the advice but dont stoop to calling someone a bad mom!! Now who is worse!!!
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010