How do you ease the pain of a lost child/ren??

Due to a drowning accident last March, my youngest son, Andrew passed away at the age of 6. Our family is still, going through alot of emotions and trauma due to the losss of Andrew! Our other 2 kids are handling it differently as to emotions!

Queencastle

Asked by Queencastle at 3:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I am so sorry, queencastle. I don't know if you're a Christian or not, but have you tried Christian counseling? At our church, we also have a GriefShare group that meets on Wednesday nights. You might have something like that in your area. With a Christian counselor, you could get individual AND family counseling. Best wishes to you...and my condolences to you and your family.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am truly sorry 4 ur loss. I aslo agree w/ ProudTexan71 as far as counseling goes. I've never been in this situation, but when I was losing my father, my therapist suggested that I write a letter (and maybe let ur other children write a letter too) as a way of getting those feelings out & it actually helped. Also, I checked out Amazonbooks.com & they have many books on the greiving process 4 parents as well as siblings(children). I hope this helps a little and ur family is in my prayers.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You are in my thoughts. I don't know what to say.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I know it sounds so redundant but I am truly sorry, my heart aches for you terribly! You are definately in my prayers and I'm not just saying that.
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I also wanted to add that my grandmother had 10 children, she lost 2 as babies. She had a little boy and he died of pneumia at One years old that next year she had another boy who died at the age of One as well same sickness. Then 12 years ago my aunt was killed by a drunk driver she was only 29 years old. She has lost 3 children! That should never happen. She has joined support groups, had family that was very supportive and her faith has been most important to her. What keeps her going? Knowing that one day she will join them in heaven. You may not believe in what we do but I wanted to tell you this anyways. It won't ever get easy but you will be able to cope better as time passes. God Bless
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008