boo Ball State!

After graduating from Ball State I am on the hunt for a job. I've had a few interviws and now they want copies of my transcripts. So I go to get copies of them and am told I have to go online and pay 12$ PER COPY. For them!! That is insane. I could see paying a few dollars, or a one time access fee or something, but 12$ per copy?? so right now I have 100$ until next week and have to shell out almost 50$ just to apply for jobs. Way to go BSU, you got my tuition money and you just keep on taking!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh wow. That's messed up. But u wish u luck
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Really? That is INSANE! I have never had to produce a transcript for a job interview before. I would order one copy, make copies of it and use those unless they SPECIFICALLY request a certified one. I would think that if they are verifying your creditials to the point they want certifed copies - you are getting a job offer. And you can also take that transript charge off of your taxes and a job search fee. Are you local? Maybe they wouldn't charge you quite as much if you picked them up instead of having them mailed. Good luck if your job hunt. How are the Cards looking year for football? I haven't made it to a game the last two years. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't pay attention to the football lol. I'm still in muncie, it's the fee no matter what. It's pretty dumb...
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That does sound like too much!
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I just graduated and got a copy of my transcipts. That sounds like a lot of money. I would do like suggested and make copies. I have never heard of or had to produce a copy of my transcipts for a job interview. Good luck!
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2010