Tearing up toddler bed

So my twins have literally destroyed their toddler beds. There for awhile, they were even figuring out how to take the poles out of their beds without any tools. So me and husband have desided that since they are 4 yrs old and have destroyed their toddler beds that it may be time for twin beds. We found wooden beds that can be seperated and as they grow, can later be put on top of each other to make bunk beds (which I would not plan on doing until they get much older), my question is, has anybody ever had their child destroy their toddler bed? And if they did, did it stop when you got a twin bed?

motherof4and2

Asked by motherof4and2 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I never heard of that. But twins are different. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have never heard of that before. A lot of my friends have moved their kids into toddler beds at age 4 though...I switched my daughter already and she's almost 3
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I too haven't heard of that. Wow, and twins....my luck goes out to you. We moved my 2 yr old to a twin bed, when we transitioned to the day bed style of the crib he didn't like it. But when we put him in a bigger bed he was a million times better. Go figure. They will be fine, expecially at 4.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old are in the process of tearing theirs apart. Not with tools, mind you, but they're doing a darn good job anyways o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If this were my daughter, she'd be lucky if she got a mattress on the floor to sleep on.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010