TMI, protien in urine? adult content

I have high blood preasure, am on meds. My urine has a very strong protine/foul oder to it. it's been like this for a few months. I dont want to go to the dr unless I have to, we are very strapt for money. any ideas?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Good luck :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It would mean that your kidney's are failing.......in the beginning stages of kidney failure you have elevated protein levels in your urine. Also if you're pregnant your protein levels go up if you have high blood pressure.......this would be preeclampsia (this is a dangerous condition that could put your life and the babies life in jeopardy).  Get to a doctor, since you don't have insurance see about getting medicaid. 

colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would go to the doctor.. Sounds like maybe you could have some real health issues.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You need to go to the doc. It could be nothing serious BUT it could also be a sign that your kidney's aren't working properly.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• if I go to the dr and it's my kidneys, what does that mean. also theres a chance I am pregnant
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Not really something you want to ignore. It could be a side effect of your HBP or it could mean kidney problems.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• could it be from my meds? also what would I be looking at another med to take? and does anyone know of alternitive things I can do to lower my HBP. I have been eating healthy, exercising, and taking my meds daily.
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• There is most likely a free/low cost clinic in your area. You NEED some labs done. Start calling around. I would start with the health department. They should be able to point you in the right direction
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have insurance, I just have a 25 dollar co pay I cant afford till we get paid. Thank you for the info. I will be doing a pregnancy test and making an appt with my regular doctor
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I wont go to my local clinic again. my youngest son died (still birth) because of thier laziness. But I will contact my regular dr and preg test TODAY. thank you for all the help again
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010