The Church is.....

1. my life and my salvation!?
2. a community of friendly folk who make me feel welcome and "at home"?
3. some building where crazy people get together and sing and praise some imaginary being in the sky?
4. just a building?
5. other............

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Religious Debate

• other. the church is the bride of Christ.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• 5 ... the bride of Christ ... it can't be 1, Christ is my life and salvation, not the church.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Corrupt.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• "the Church" Is the Bride of Christ.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 3. some building where crazy people get together and sing and praise some imaginary being in the sky

... Also something people use to excuse or justify things they do that they shouldn't be doing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the church, NO church means anything really to me. I wil respect it for the feelings of others. but i feel NOTHING in a church. God is all around me, everywhere. there is no special place i feel i need to go or be to give him glory and prayer
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• for me it's both 2 and 4. It is just a building because in my opinion you don't have to attend church to believe in God, you can do it from home. But I do feel welcome in that little community and there are a lot of people like me in there.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 3:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A church,no matter what religion, should be a group of people who are there to act as a family unit. Not a famiy in the sense of what family you already have, but a friendly family. It should include things other than religion, such as support, guidance, fellowship...which is always tied in with food for us LOL or some group activities, that don't necessarily have to do with religion/God, but more relationship building activities (becoming a more positive person for yourself and then for your family at home and your friends). To me a small aspect of church is learning about Jesus and the bible. It should also include activities to better your community or to let those shut ins around you there are people out there who care, by dropping off a baked good or homemade meal, just because we care...not because we want people to come to our place of worship.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I desire it to be 1 but in reality it is 3 right now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• "A church" is 2 or 4 but "The Church" is The Bride of Christ.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010