Why is it that when you hang out with someone their mannerisms rub off on you?

I have a friend whom I can tell has been hanging around alot with another friend just by her responses and mannerisms. Am I too sensitive?

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 3:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its new and maybe they see it a better way to do things and so they pick things up and use it. one of my friends once said "someone skanked my stuff from me" so because i never heard of the word skanked being used in that way...i used it in a sentence too and my sister thought i was just a loser for being a copy-er lol.

if you bring it to thier attention that your other friend does that too, maybe she will realize that you are catching on and know its not her that originally came up with it and stop or do it less.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh my bff (aka 7 year younger twin) who I met on here...we do this. It cracks my hubby up. He's always 'Oh you're using another Ashlyism.'
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• monkey see....monkey do
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Accents can rub off too
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I see this all the time with my kids and grandkids, lol They have never left the state of New York BUT they all sound like they were born and raised in the South. I was born and raised in Atlanta, lol
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My sister married a Newfie and she does this. I hate it. She sounds ridiculous. I can't stand to be around her. I

t's so fake. People like this need to deal with whatever self esteem issues they have that make them want to emulate another person and not be themselves. It's sad.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010