So I got an Infant Sling....

Anyone care to tell me how to properly use it? Lol. I put my son in it the day i got it and he fell asleep immediatly...He was in a great position and his face/head was right at the opening...In a great spot so there was no chance of his face being covered...

Ive tried to put him in it twice since then and he screams...I cant seem to get him in a good position...Any videos somewhere i can watch or something??

THANKS!

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, what kind of sling? If it's a ring sling, I (when my son was 3-4 mos) would position him on my hip and tighten the sling around him so he'd be in a hip carry. When he was asleep, I'd put him chest to chest and tighten, usually with his legs out. If it's a bag style sling, like and Infantino, I would immediately return it LOL! They're only for small babies, and I never felt safe with that kind. Hard to use, and I believe were recalled recently. For newborn phase, I prefer a Moby style wrap, and then from about 15 lbs on, a Ring style sling. Youtube for some help, also wearyourbaby.org.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• what kind of sling is it?
    fireflymcl

Answer by fireflymcl at 3:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What kind do you have? It matters. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Its a Balboa Baby... http://www.balboababy.com/ There is a pic on the front page..

My son is only 20 days old..Im adding a picture to my profile of the first time I got him into it when he was happy...
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It looks like there are a few types on there.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• try googling the type (not brand) of sling you have and see what comes up.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You tube. have you checked youtube? they have videos for EVERYTHING.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I just looked on their website more and found exactly what I needed! Thanks Everyone!
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010