Potty training a dog

My yorkie mix is 3 and she is still not completely potty trained..we let her out a lot, and get after her when she messes..but she still does it..any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pets

• the dog we got from the shelter used to do that until we tried "positive training" or whatever .. when we'd take her to poop we'd give her a treat if she did poop..didn't do it with the pee b/c she never peed inside and if we go somewhere for longer than an hour, i take her water bowl and bed into the bathroom and lock her in there or you could use a crate...also take your dog out every hour to pee, nothing to eat or drink after 8pm
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would crate train her. Also when you get after her are you punishing her even when you don't catch her in the act? SInce she is not fully housebroken I would not let her have free run of the house either you might consider tieing her to you with a leash so that you can keep an eye on her or teaching her to ring a bell to let you know she needs to go outside.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010