I need some ideas to be more adventurous...

I need some ideas for fun things to do with my SO. We've lived together for 2 months now and he feels like we never do anything that I wanna do, because I'm really a "go with the flow" kinda girl. He wants me to come up with something I wanna do this weekend and I'm drawing a blank... any suggestions? I live in the Charlotte NC area....

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• me and hubbys favorite "parent night" things to do are
    1. go to a dance club
    2. go-cart racing
    3. local community theater
    4. diner partys
    5. poker night
    6. play pool
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• SPONTANEOUS ROAD TRIP!!! Well, I guess it wouldn't be that spontaneous if you're planning 2 days ahead. But if you don't tell him he'll think it's spontaneous! LOL! :D Just get up Saturday & be like, "get in the car" and go. Do you have anything 1/2 way interesting around you within an hour or 2 or whatever you feel is reasonable to go see?
    I'm the same as you... laid back, go with the flow. DH used to be very spontaneous and fun but now he works so much and is exhausted to think of more fun things to do so now he throws it on me. I wish we had time for a spontaneous road trip!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I dont live there- but how about a comedy club?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't have any great creative ideas b/c I am the same way you are, but I can tell you to be proactive and try to make plans even if it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It will help the relationship a lot if you do.
    Katjafish

Answer by Katjafish at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thank you ladies, some great ideas here! We have a "dueling piano bar" here that HE took me to and I loved it, but since it was his idea and we've done it already, I can't use that one..LOL! The Charlotte area is full of things to do, I just dont know where to look and what they are. He's game for anything and I'm an artsy loving (indy music, french impressionist art, all over the place) kinda girl. I like the road trip idea, but not sure where we'd go, there are mountains 2 hours to the west and beach 4 hours to the east (I don't like mountains). He's not outdoorsy at all (he's kinda preppy and smokes like a freight train, LOL!).
    VanessaMomof2

Comment by VanessaMomof2 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010