Why do some moms honestky believe that parents who put their kids in daycare don't 'care for' or 'raise' there own kids?

Why do you believe that a parent who has to put their child in daycare has any less invested in their child's well being? Do you honestly believe that the influence of the childcare giver outweighs the teachings of the parent? DO you honestly believe that a child who was put in daycare is any less cared for? WHY would you think that!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• funny how people never accuse people of letting school raise their kids, and kids are in school for far more years then they are in childcare.....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'm a working mom who has had to have my son in DC since he was 6 weeks. People like that piss me off, they are ignorant and judgemental.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• None of that. For me it's that the care giver spends longer amounts of time with them and parents sometimes miss milestones and firsts. That's all. I got to stay home and watch every little thing my son did and teach him all day and fix all his meals and take him places and other stuff.

Working parents do that too, just at night and on weekends.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think SOME children are less well raised, less cared for and about who are put in daycare. however for the most part i dont feel that parents who responsibly check out thier daycare choices and choose the best fit for their child and family , stay in good contact, and drop in for unnanounced visits to make sure how things are being run care any less or that thier children are being raised by others. human beings are social animals. even as a young child we certainly are. unless its a piss poor daycare, there are GREAT benefits potentially from using daycare. My son is special needs and while we were waiting on a state waiting list for in home therapy to assist his devvelopement and needs, we were given a "respit" daycare grant. Which we had NO qualms using at all. We full checked out the daycare, talked to other parents, read over background checks and poked our noses in to every nook and cranny at the daycare we decided ...
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• CONT to use. we left no stone, pillow, chair unturned i swear. Our son benefited GREATLY from the social enviroment. even though at that trime he didnt PARTICIPATE socially. he watched, he learned and i saw a huge change in his level of fear of others and social settings .
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think a lot of working parents work for their children. I know if I did not work my part time job my family would not be where we are...and we aren't in THAT great of a place right now. I would love to stay home but that isn't ideal right now. For me to live where I live so my son can go to the school he goes to I have to work a few days a week. I love them, I teach them good values, I teach them how to be good and loving people. I do that not the care giver. Though bonus our care giver happens to LOVE my children. Truly love them. I am so lucky and so are my kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i put my daughter (then 2) in daycare two half days a week AND i am stay at home mom
    so bash away at me

....no wait, you should probably know the whole story, she has autism and even before doctor with PhD told us (when she was 3), we knew and thought it would be good for her to have peer time (at 2 yrs old) , and it has been great for her, it was very much a hardship on the pocket book, but we knew that a scheduled school setting with peers to follow as examples would help her, and it has, she has made much progress in a year, still different, but does not "look through" her peers, and can tolerate accidental touch, loves to go and ..well, i am proud of her

ok...now you can bash me for using daycare AND a stay at home mom
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• As a SAHM and an old prechool teacher, as a mother I feel I do better care for my children. However, my husband is gone more than he is home. He has been gone this time for 3 weeks already. If I too went to work full time, that would mean other people raising my babies. To me it is raising them and caring for them. If my husband was home every night then I would consider going back to work part time. I personally feel that once my babies hit age 3 it is beneficial for them to be in a daycare or a playgroup setting. It is wonderful social interaction. It teaches them a different schedule and environment to gear them for school. But as babies and toddlers I feel it is my time to raise them. I do take them to a child care 4x a week for 1.5 hours at the YMCA while I work out, plus i day a week we go to a playgroup at the local library. However I do not think anyone who puts their kids in daycare is less involved than me....
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-living/parenting/top-concerns/child-care/stay-home-difference

This is a subjective topic, quality of day care, relationshp between day worker and child, and how many hours a week a child spends at day care need to be taken in account.

I don't believe putting your child in day care means you don't raise them or you care for them any less. However, putting them in a bad day care and thinking your doing your best isn't right. Your child is being taught by the day care teacher unlike children that stay at home with their mother's/father's. Some SAHM mom's don't do a good job of preparing their children for school and some day care's don't either. It's all about quailty of time spent with the child in both cases.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Like wildcican said they are judgmental. It should be no one's business what others do with their kids (unless it's abuse) I personally don't want to put my kids in daycare because I want to be there for them and witness everything. I will never judge a mother for putting her child(ren) in daycare. Some people have to they don't make tons of money or they may be single parents. I looked up to working moms because they do so much and sacrifice some time away from their children so they can pay bills and put food on the table.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010