Can my Husband really change for the better?

Since the death of Andrew, my husband and i seperated last May! but, also my husband in the past has been abusive physically and mentally controlling. Recently, he has appreicated me since knowing he still loves me and wants "us" back together. He wants to change himself too. He has agreed to more marriage councelling and grief councelling also. We've been married 13 yrs and been together 16 yrs.

Queencastle

Asked by Queencastle at 3:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Do what it takes to make it work...especially if he's willing to go through counseling. The last thing that you and your family need is another loss.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Anyone can change if they want to. My husband has become a new person because he let God into his life. I have prayed and prayed over it for so long! Don't get me wrong, we still have troubles. They are just handled WAY better. I just want you to know that 'All things are possible through Christ'!!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 3:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The key is in his wanting to change. If he does, it can happen, but it will probably take some time. We are all the products of our upbringing and we have many wounds that have to be healed and some wrong teachings have to be unlearned. It is a two-way street in that you will probably have to make some changes yourself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• yes people can change and if he wants to, you are on your way. Life has a way of throwing a curve at you.  i am glad to see a family trying to sitck together thru counseling. I am so sorry about the loss of Andrew. Good luck

angel mini

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if there is love and willingness to change i don't see what more you need to make it work and truly have change happen.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008