Who was right/wrong? adult content

Here is the story.... I have a neighbor whose children ae not well behaved, and they are always getting into it with a boy that is about 3-4 years younger than them on our street. The last incident was that my neighbors son got ran into by the other child with his bike. It was an accident, her son proceeded to put the smaller child in a choke hold. The dad of the smaller child yelled " Get off of him, I see you. Stay the hell away from my kid." Myneighbor yelled back "who are you yelling at? What is your problem" . He told her to shut the f*&% up! I saw what you bad ass kid did" . I felt that the man was okay in that since her kids are ALWAYS getting into troublem and are never disciplined, plus the dad has dealt with them several times, and she has never punished her kids. She called "housing" on him, and I felt she is the wrong one! I would have done the same to defend my child! What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Parents have the duty to protect our children whenever we can, and give them tools to protect themselves when we cant be there. Im so tired of these ignorant people who dont do their jobs as parents & let their kids bully, steal, vandalize, etc. But dont you dare say a word to their little heathen -b/c that's their job?! If they'd done their job as parents to begin with, then we wouldnt have had the problem in the first place. You need to write or call anonymously to the landlord about what you saw/heard so something is done about the ones who need the attention!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i think the father was right by stepping in but shouldn't have said stfu and call the bad kid names
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• he didnt call him names he call the mom names, and really he told her to STFU, I dont think calling him a bad ass kid is that mean anyway!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think he was in the right but should have watched his mouth around the kids and taken care of this more in a civilized manor. Calling housing isn't going to do anything so it's stupid that she even called.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i agree with josiemommy. He was fine to yell to stop the kid but the cursing and insulting the child was not called for
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i think the mom was wrong..but the guy could have maybe handled it a bit better..but to late now..lol. i would have stuck up for my child to.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think he was right and I can see why he didn't watch his mouth. This is obviously not the first time his child has been picked on and the bully's parents do nothing at all about it. I'm sure it pissed him off and it would piss me off too. nobody likes to see their child being bullied, especially by older children who are stronger and should know better! I would also bet that he's already had several "civilized" conversations with the parents and still nothing is done.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 3:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it could been handle different but it wasn't so who suffers but the kids ,yes i would help my son in need but i would talk to the parent in how the kids can play with out hurting each other,this could help ,but with what i read the mom thinks her son can do no wrong ,in time she might see that her kids might have be nicer to younger kids in the area
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• unfortunatly civilized conversations arent possible because the parent is usually unatainable! I just feel bad that the guy got called on!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010