My Five Year old boy is getting in trouble in school A LOT! and i dont know what to do!

My son is a very sweet nice boy he has never been in any type of school before.. and lately he has been getting a note home everyday from school!! about hitting, kids in the stomach,face.. kicking.. and throwing!! and when i talk to him he says he is playing with his friends and they are playing karate(which he does a lot @ home and i have told him he can no longer can do his karate until he can control himself in not doing it in school) i have told him there are guide lines and things you can not play at school.. blah blha blah, but he just keeps on doing it!! he is very hard to punish.. he doesnt care if i take away toys, tv, treats... how should i punish him?? i have made a lot more effort then what this post says i have had talks with him to see why he is doing this and i have told him why he cant all that jazz.. so please no parent BASHING! just advice and punishment you have done with your 5 year old

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• your son is 5yrs he did not get i understand now say to him you no when you hit some one that hurt them ,you don't want to hurt your friends so next time you play play a new game because we just don't want to hurt your friends or you get hurt that would make mommy cry. talk to him like he is small person he'll get in time
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I understtand where you are coming from, I have been having the same problem w/ my 5yr old daughter. Punishment wasnt working with her either but for the last 3 days before she leaves for school I remind her that she needs to keep her hands and feet to herself because her friends dont like it when she does that. So far for these 3 days she hasnt gotten in trouble for hitting. Good Luck and hang in there he will get it.
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010