Good techniques for punishing bad behavior

My son is soon going to be 5, he just started a new school and it is a private christian school. He has been to the pricnipals office 3 times this week already. I keep enforcing that it is not ok to hit other kids. I have taken his games, his tv privledges, i have finally sent him to his room today after school with nothing but a couple toys. I don't know what else to do. Things seem to be getting worse for him. the split of me and his father is not new it has been 2 years. Any suggestions?

stprice

Asked by stprice at 3:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you spoken to him about why he is hitting?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have asked him why he thinks it's ok to hit, his response was "daddy does it" I have talked to his father about this and he says it does not happen. I don't know what is true and what is not. My son will look me right in the eye and lie to me. Just today I asked what happened at school, he lies and said nothing i didn't hit anyone. But this afternoon I recieved an email that he was sent to the principals office again for punching another child.
    stprice

Comment by stprice (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Maybe offer him more one on one time with his parents? My DD acts out when she wants more of my time.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010