9 month baby

my 9 month baby sleeps on her stomach all the time, i have heard that is not good for the baby, is it true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is perfectly fine. She is old enough to support herself and move her head when she needs you. And if it makes you feel any better I come from a family of seven kids (I'm the oldest) and we all slept on our stomachs from birth on up. 24 years ago and for about 10 to 12 years following they thought it was safer for the baby to be placed on it's stomach instead of the back so that was how I was put to bed and my mom just stuck with it.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• For young babies, sleeping on the back reduces the risk of SIDS. However, once they can roll over on their own, they're perfectly safe to sleep however is most comfortable for them. You should still put them down on their backs but there is no reason to worry about what position they get themselves into in the middle of the night.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• only becasue of sids...babys are only to sleep on thier backs
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• She is 9 months and can roll over herself. It's fine now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you put her down onher back and she rolls to her tummy it's perfectly fine. She knows whats comfortable and the risk of SIDS is very low by now
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• As long as she is rolling herself to her belly and can roll back, she's fine. Just keep all soft fluffy objects out of the crib. If she needs a blanket to sleep in, use one like a Halo Sleep Sack.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010