Cradle Cap Help!!

My 13 week old daughter has cradle cap sooooo bad! I scratch/rub it off alot, but it gets into her hair, big yucky flakes! Is there anyother way to get rid of it?? Any lotions or what not?

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• olive oil and a baby brush
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• after her bath take a comb and get it off that way..it takes a few weeks for it to go away
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Rub baby oil into her scalp and then rub it with a soft brush.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Put a little baby oil on it and brush her hair with a soft brush ( soft tooth brush or a nail brush) Do this 2 times a day till its gone. Don't do to mush rubbing though or her head will get raw.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• *much
    mommy_of_two388

• Olive oil, above said, and just brush it with a soft baby brush. But don't over brush it, I think that makes it more irritated. If it's really bad ask the pediatrician...IDK if it could be an allergy. I never dealt with it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• they make some cradle cap shampoo, look in the baby section at the store idr the brand name but it works good but i used it every other day b/c it was greasy my son's cleared up on its own when he was about 6 months old
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Baby oil, vaseline will help loosen and moisturize...use a fine tooth comb and brush every direction to help loosen and pull it off. My pediatrician said you can also use selsun blue or head and shoulders but DO NOT GET IT INTO BABY'S EYES. Cradle cap just looks bad though - it isn't harming them or hurting them so really, you can just leave it alone and let it work itself out.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• With my daughter, none of the home remedies worked. I finally had to ask her peditirician and he perscribed a certain kind of shampoo along with some kind of oil. This cleared it right up. Maybe ask the peditrician if it is that bad
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i used baby oil and baby lotion on my son's cradle cap. then i used his little baby brush to gently rub the flakes out. i did this everyday and it eventually went away.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010