does your husband make himself a plate of food and not offer you anything?

I dunno if I am being petty.... even if I am not hungry it's nice to be asked. It hurts me deeply, it's like it means we aren't even friends anymore. Is this the official transition into roommate status?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• sometimes he asks and othertimes he doesn't. im pregnant so alot of things iv gone of or i don't feel like eating alot of times and i never no wat i want.so he knows by now what im like. but he will always ask me have i eatin.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 4:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• NEVER, he is Italian & knows how to feed people! lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no it doesn't offend me, I'm a big girl and get my own food when I'm hungry
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• he will ask me and if i say yeah he will make my plate
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• same here peanutsmommy1 , though i may tease him and call him "one way" but that is the way we are
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no not about making a plate but if he goes out to eat after work and don't bring me anything or don't call to ask if i want something it bothers me lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My dad is like that with my mom, rarely offers her anything, eats before she gets to sit down, etc... I think it was the way he was raised, my grandmother did EVERYTHING for him and he was spoiled rotten. lol My hubby on the other hand is very thoughtful, always taking care of me first, insists on opening doors for me, helps me with my chair, etc... and we have been together for 17 years:) His father was the same way so I guess that is where he gets it from.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Adam rarely cooks, ergo he never fixes my plate. But if he's making smoothies or something he will either ask me if I want one, or if it's the kind he knows I love he will just make it and bring it to me.
    momof3xthefun

Answer by momof3xthefun at 4:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Wait, some guys actually DO ask? Wow. He's never asked me a single time in the three years that we've been married.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sometimes but it doesn't bother me. Life's too short to get offended over little things like that.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010